This one pot hearty meal is a delicious blend of big flavors.
- 6oz of chorizo sausage diced
- 1 1/2 cups jumbo or large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 green pepper sliced
- 1 red pepper sliced
- 1 small onion finely sliced
- 2 celery stalks sliced
- 2 tomatoes chopped (can substitute 1 15oz can diced tomatoes)
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- fresh thyme – about 3 sprigs
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 3 cups chicken broth
- Tabasco sauce
- lime wedge
- Season peeled and deveined shrimp with 1 tsp of cayenne seasoning.
- In a dutch oven or large skillet brown chorizo on each side over medium high heat, then remove.
- Add seasoned shrimp and cook 1-2 minutes on each side, then remove.
- Add 1 tbsp of olive oil and add garlic stirring for 1 minute.
- Add peppers, onion and celery. Stir occasionally for about 5 minutes or until soft.
- Stir in thyme and rice, cook for 1 minute, then add tomatoes and cayenne pepper.
- Add enough broth to cover the rice.
- Cover and reduce heat to a low simmer.
- Stir occasionally and add more broth as needed to cook the rice.
- Stir in chorizo and shrimp.
- Serve with a lime wedge and tabasco sauce.